No more child marriages, teenage pregnancies, female genital mutilation or sexual exploitation. Equal opportunities and rights for girls and boys. That is what Plan International is committed to. In more than 75 countries we have projects on protection, youth and employment (including education), WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) and emergency aid. We pay special attention to girls. Every day, around the world, girls are still disadvantaged and get fewer opportunities. Plan makes extra efforts to improve the position of girls so they can grow into strong, independent women who make decisions about their own lives. Investing in girls is investing in a better future for everyone.
We can’t do that alone. Become a Girls First Business Supporter and invest in a sustainable future for these girls – from € 200 per month.
Onderwijs voor een meisje
Geeft haar meer inkomen later
Inkomen dat ze besteedt aan haar gezin
Daardoor krijgen haar kinderen betere zorg
En gaan ze vaker en langer naar school
Investing in girls is investing in a better future for everyone!
With each extra year of education, women earn 10-20 percent more – and they spend 90 percent of their income on their families. That means they can provide better care for their children, who in turn can also go to school for longer.
"Because I am a girl ...
... I have dreams. When I grow up I want to become a doctor, or a judge, or perhaps a physicist!” But many girls cannot make their dreams come true. That must change! Gils must be able to get ahead. Plan International ensures that girls are educated and protected from violence, and that they dare to stand up for themselves. In this way they grow into powerful women who can make a difference.
- You contribute to gender equality, improving the position of girls and young women so they get the same opportunities as boys and men.
- You distinguish yourself from your competitors. Half of consumers say they have more confidence in a brand or company that does business in a socially responsible manner.
- You become part of our business network and receive invitations to events such as free workshops on gender equality.
- You can use the Girls First Business Supporter logo in your own channels to show your cooperation with Plan. We mention you as a Girls First Business Supporter on our website.
- You make your employees proud to work for you. Beyond good employment conditions, working with a charity is often an important reason for employees to choose a company.
- You can choose the amount (starting at € 200 per month) and project or theme to which you want to contribute, allowing you to align with strategic goals that are important for your company. Our themes are protection, young people and employment, WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) and the Plan Scholarship.
- Your donation is tax deductible and the partnership is recognized by ANBI and CBF.