No more child marriages, teenage pregnancies, female genital mutilation or sexual exploitation. Equal opportunities and rights for girls and boys. That is what Plan International is committed to. In more than 50 countries we have projects on protection, youth employment (including education), WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) and emergency aid. We pay special attention to girls. Every day, around the world, girls are still disadvantaged and get fewer opportunities. Plan makes extra efforts to improve the position of girls so they can grow into strong, independent women who make decisions about their own lives.
Investing in girls is investing in a better future for everyone.
- You give substance to your CSR policy and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- You motivate your employees and make them proud to work for you, strengthening employee engagement. Beyond good employment conditions, working to make the world a better place is often an important reason for employees to choose a company.
- You inspire your business partners and customers or clients.
- Plan International offers flexible ways to work together, from child sponsorship to custom-made partnership.
- Plan International is a global organization with a local presence in 71 countries and years of expertise in the fields of youth employment, child protection, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
See how your money can grow
Girls in developing countries are often trapped in a vicious circle of poverty and discrimination. The chance to go to school makes a real difference. With each extra year of education, women earn 10 – 20 percent more – and they spend 90 percent of their income on their families.