PMEL and Innovation Advisor
Equal opportunities for girls and boys. That is what Plan International is committed to. We protect girls worldwide from FGM, child marriage, sexual exploitation and teenage pregnancy. Girls also receive extra attention in our projects in the fields of education and work, WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) and disaster risk management. This is urgently needed because they are systematically disadvantaged and discriminated against. Plan works to improve the position of these girls and young women so that they can make decisions about their own lives. Plan does this by supporting and strengthening local civil society organizations, providing services and supplying (relief) goods to target groups in the programme countries, and by focusing on awareness, policy and regulation (lobby and advocacy).
For our International Programs department, we are looking for a:
PMEL and Innovation Advisor (35 hours a week)
In this role, you are responsible for Monitoring and Evaluation of the progress and results of programmes and projects of Plan International Nederland and for sharing and applying the learning. Based on the learnings within our projects and on external developments, you will identify opportunities for innovative solutions and support the implementation thereof.
As PMEL and Innovation advisor you are part of the Knowledge, Learning and Innovation Team of Plan International Nederland, consisting of a total of four PMEL and Innovation colleagues and a manager. The tasks are carried out in coordination with relevant project managers.
What will you do?
You are responsible for the development and implementation of PMEL policies of programs and projects of Plan International Nederland:
• You take into account the requirements of various donors including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the European Union;
• You advise and support programme staff in the field of monitoring & evaluation, result measurement, logical framework and Theory of Change development;
• You support from a PMEL perspective in the development of proposals for new programmes and projects.
• You contribute to the development PMEL procedures and tools for consortia and coordinate their implementation;
• You provide support for baseline, mid-term and endline measurements, the selection of external consultants, the assessment of evaluation reports and the use of the findings;
• You share learnings within the organization and you contribute to the learning agenda;
• You contribute to reports to donors in IATI.
You identify opportunities for innovative solutions
• You actively contribute and coordinate the realization of key principles of innovation, e.g. creative networks, harnessing idea development, and operationalize ideation processes;
• You analyze learnings from the programmes and identify innovative solutions for addressing these learnings;
• You keep track of innovative programming within the global Plan Organization;
• You contribute to the Innovation agenda of Plan International Netherlands;
• You initiate and contribute to innovative pilots and test their effectiveness;
• You work with the Institutional and Business partnership team to identify opportunities for innovative project design.
What do you have to offer?
Our ideal candidate has experience in PMEL and in applying innovative solutions and is open to learn more in a fast-paced and internationally oriented environment. S/he is a flexible team player who communicates tactfully with colleagues from various cultures and organizations, both verbally and in written communication. Field experience in managing programs, conducting research and managing project management systems is very welcome.
In addition, you meet the following criteria:
• A university degree in the field of International Relations, Political Sciences or another relevant field.
• A minimum of 2-5 years of work experience, of which at least 3 years experience with PMEL and managing innovative projects;
• Familiar with Theory of Change and outcome harvesting;
• Experience in facilitating workshops, webinars or learning sessions;
• Excellent communication skills, you must be able to present and give briefings to external parties;
• Fluency in English required, and proficiency in Dutch, Spanish or French is an advantage;
• Affinity with Plan themes, including gender equality;
• Up-to-date knowledge of the development and humanitarian fields (national and international developments).
For this vacancy, the following competencies are essential: Innovative, quality oriented, strong analytical skills, excellent teamwork skills, network skills, and gender sensitivity.
Please note that you can only apply for this vacancy if you have a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
A position in an international work environment. Plan International offers its employees a solid benefits package, which includes, among other things:
• Gross monthly salary between € 3.300 and € 4.286 (salary scale 8) for 35 hours per week, depending on your background and experience;
• Full reimbursement of your travel expenses based on second class public transport;
• Ample opportunities for personal growth and education;
• 5 weeks vacation per year;
• Good pension scheme;
• Plan facilitates hybrid working.
Are you interested?
You can respond up to and including August 7th with your CV and motivation via https://cvselectie.net/plan-international-nederland/7807/. If the link does not work, you can copy it and paste it into your browser (Chrome). The first round of interviews will take place in the week of August 8th. An assignment is part of the application procedure. For questions on this position, please contact Mark van der Boon via email@example.com
We do not accept applications via e-mail.
Plan International is an organisation that upholds the importance of diversity, and where everyone feels welcome and appreciated. We like to use the power of diversity to achieve the best results. That is why we encourage everyone to apply, regardless of cultural background, gender, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
The safety of children and young adults is essential to Plan International Nederland. Therefore, Plan does not tolerate any form of abuse. This topic is addressed in the selection process.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. Sharing in your own network is appreciated!