Manager Knowledge, Learning and Innovation
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls and young women in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. Plan International does this by eliminating the disadvantaged position of girls and young women so that they have the same opportunities and rights as boys. In this way, with the support of thousands of sponsors, companies and (institutional) donors, Plan International is working towards a better future for vulnerable children and young people worldwide.
For our Knowledge, Learning and Innovation Team, we are looking for a Manager Knowledge, Learning and Innovation (35 hours a week)
The new Knowledge, Learning and Innovation Team has recently been set up in order to develop and implement our learning agenda and to stimulate innovative solutions in our programmes. As the Manager of this team you will guide PMEL colleagues in driving systematic learning and in applying the learnings in programme design. Based on learnings from our programmes and from the broader development context, you will promote innovations for greater impact. For this, you will work together with the learning and innovation colleagues in your team, and with colleagues in other teams in Plan Netherlands and in the global Plan International organization.
The Knowledge, Learning and Innovation Team is part of the International Programmes Unit, but serves the entire Plan International organization in the Netherlands.
What will you do?
• Establishing the new team and promoting continuous learning and innovation within Plan Netherlands
• Giving direction and leadership to a team of four (medior and senior)
• Coaching the staff and the team in defining individual and collective goals
• Encouraging effective cooperation within the team and between the team and other parts of Plan International in the Netherlands, Plan International globally and external partners (learning institutions, innovative think tanks, innovative startups etc.).
• Signaling external and internal developments that are relevant for the unit and translate those into new learning and innovation goals.
• Contributing pro-actively to strategy development and the realisation of the organisation’s strategic goals
Programme Management – innovation and learning
• Promoting the use of PMEL for learning and evidence based programming
• Managing and coordinating PMEL deliverables to the various departments
• Ensuring the development and use of tools, approaches and space in the organization needed to start, test, monitor, adapt and scale innovations
• Enhancing our expertise around innovation and initiate collaborations
• Ensure learning is happening throughout the the organization through online and offline processes.
• Enhancing our reputation as a learning organization among donors and (potential) partners in order to improve our reputation and competitiveness
• Providing to the leadership team with better insights on our performance, where we excel and where we could improve.
• Publish insights regularly and be invited (linking within our Plan network) to speak at seminars
What to bring
Our ideal candidate is an innovative thinker who loves to promote learning and is an excellent team player and team leader. The candidate should have a thorough knowledge of programming, monitoring and evaluations. (S)he is an out of the box thinker who is solution oriented.
In addition, you meet the following criteria:
• Education in political science/international relations/international law or other relevant field
• Minimum of 8 years’ work experience in the sector of which at least 3 years in a management position
• Proven track record in leading and motivating teams, a strong people manager.
• Track record of developing and rolling out successful innovations in solutions, approaches, financing, partnerships or other;
• Proven affinity with and a strategic vision on Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning and Innovation
• Experience with Human centered design, brainstorming, creating the building blocks for innovations
• Experience in working in a complex and international environment.
• Excellent command of the English language (Dutch, French and Spanish is an asset).
• An excellent networker with strong communication skills (ability to pitch and sell an idea)
• Up to date knowledge on development and innovation
For this vacancy, the following competencies are essential: Leadership, Creative Thinking, Gender sensitivity, Results-oriented, Entrepreneurship, Commercial ability, Collaboration
Please note that you can only apply for this vacancy if you have a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
A multifaceted position in an international work environment. Plan International offers its employees a solid benefits package, which includes, among other things:
• Gross monthly salary between € 3813 and € 5763 (salary scale 10) for 35 hours per week, depending on your background and experience.
• Full reimbursement of your travel expenses based on second class public transport.
• Ample opportunities for personal growth and education.
• 5 weeks vacation per year.
• Good pension scheme.
• Plan facilitates hybrid working
Are you interested?
You can respond up to and including 10 July with your CV and motivation via CV Selectie. If the link does not work you can copy it and paste it into your browser (Chrome). Because we work with this application system, unfortunately we cannot accept applications via email.
The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 11 July and the second round of interviews will be scheduled in the week of 18 July The envisioned start date for this position is 1 September
For questions on this position, please contact Programme Director Geertje.Hollenberg@planinternational.nl).
At Plan International, diversity is important and everyone is welcome. We are committed to harnessing the power of diversity (whether it be cultural, gender, age, religion or sexual orientation) to achieve the best results. That is why we encourage everyone to apply.
The safety of children and young adults is essential to Plan International. Therefore, Plan International does not tolerate any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in the selection process. A recent Certificate of Conduct and reference checks in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme is part of the procedure.