Institutional and Business Partnerships Officer (35 hours per week)
For our department Institutional and Business Partnerships, we are looking for an Institutional and Business Partnerships Officer
(35 hours per week)
For this position we’re looking for a new colleague with sound expertise in developing winning project proposals to institutional and/or corporate partners. You will be based in Amsterdam with regular field visits (on average three times a year) to the countries for which the projects will be designed.
Our ideal candidate is a multi-tasker who is result driven and capable of keeping focus under time-pressure. You operate with a team spirit and seek collaboration but you are able to make informed decisions independently. You have excellent project management skills and are able to work accurately in order to comply with donor conditions. You have excellent communication skills, and you are solution-oriented and a creative thinker.
What will you be doing?
You’re aim is to maximize resource mobilization for the projects of Plan International from institutional and/or corporate donors, such as Dutch government, the European Commission and multilateral institutions (UN bodies) as well as corporate foundations and public-private partnership funds. You identify Calls for Proposals, engage with potential partners and coordinate the development of project proposals, in close cooperation with our Technical Specialists and colleagues in the Country Offices.
You raise funds among existing and new donors:
- You identify trends and developments among institutional and corporate donors and pursue funding opportunities for Plan International’s projects.
- You coordinate, develop and edit high quality proposals, in collaboration with a project team consisting of thematic experts from the Plan international Netherlands office and Country Offices and with relevant partners and stakeholders.
- You give guidance through project design workshops in country offices, including workshops on the development of Theories of Change.
You build and manage a network with existing and potential donor partners and relevant stakeholders
- You ensure compliance of project reports to the donor and requirements.
- You maintain and strengthen the relationships with the institutional and/or corporate partners.
- You promote the work of Plan International among institutional and/or corporate partners.
In this role you will work closely with technical advisors at Plan Netherlands and colleagues in the Plan International Country Offices. Further, you will work together with (I)NGOs and other stakeholders that are partners in our programmes.
Skills and experience
You are an expert in writing bid-winning proposals with the aim of raising funds among institutional and/or corporate donors. You are an experienced proposal writer with a passion for and experience in development work. You are able to work well under pressure.
Furthermore you meet the following criteria:
- Relevant masters degree in specific topics of expertise in the field of development cooperation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Development Cooperation sector, of which at least 3 years’ experience in resource mobilization with demonstrable results.
- Commitment to and understanding of gender equality and the Child Rights Convention, and experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines
- Demonstrated affinity with Plan International’s work fields: Child Rights and Gender Equality
- Network of relevant relations among institutional and/or corporate partners, (I)NGOs and other stakeholders including knowledge institutes and private sector.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Proficiency in Dutch, Spanish and / or French is preferred
The following competencies are required for this position: customer focus, result orientation, networking, working together, entrepreneurship, creative thinking, stress management, communicating and gender sensitivity.
A role in a highly international environment. Plan International Netherlands offers employees a solid benefits package with a salary within the range of € 2.964 and € 4.659 gross per month for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience. Plan International Netherlands has a good pension scheme, 25 holidays, full compensation of commuting expenses (by public transport), group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
Are you interested?
For questions about this position please contact Caroline van den Ende, Manager Institutional and Business Partnerships (Caroline.vanden.Ende@planinternational.nl) or +31 (0)20 549 5570. Use the following link (open in Chrome) to upload your cover letter and CV: https://cvselectie.net/plan-international-nederland/7801/.
The deadline to respond is 15 July 2022.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated. Sharing this vacancy is very much appreciated.
Safeguarding children and young people is essential for Plan International. Plan International Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue will be discussed in our recruitment procedures. A recent Certificate of Conduct and a reference check is mandatory.