Institutional and Business Partnerships Officer
For this position we’re looking for a new colleague with sound expertise in developing winning project proposals to institutional and/or corporate partners. You will be based in Amsterdam with occasional project development visits (on average two – three times a year) to the countries for which the projects are designed. For our department Institutional and Business Partnerships (IBP), we are hiring a:
Institutional and Business Partnerships Officer
(35 hours per week)
Our ideal candidate is a multi-tasker who is result driven and capable of keeping focus under time-pressure. You operate with a team spirit and seek collaboration, but you are able to make informed decisions independently. You have excellent project management skills and are able to work accurately in order to comply with donor conditions. You have excellent communication skills, and you are solution-oriented and a creative thinker.
What will you be doing?
You’re aim is to maximize resource mobilization for the projects of Plan International from institutional and/or corporate donors, such as Dutch government, the European Commission and multilateral institutions (UN bodies) as well as corporate foundations and public-private partnership funds. You identify funding opportunities and Calls for Proposals, engage with potential partners and coordinate the development of project proposals, in close cooperation with our Technical Specialists and colleagues in the Country Offices.
You raise funds among existing and new donors:
- You identify trends and developments among institutional and corporate donors and pursue funding opportunities for Plan International’s projects;
- You coordinate, develop and edit high quality proposals, in collaboration with a project team consisting of thematic experts from the Plan international Netherlands office and Country Offices and with relevant partners and stakeholders;
- You give guidance through project design workshops in country offices, including workshops on the development of Theories of Change.
You build and manage a network with existing and potential donor partners and relevant stakeholders;
- You ensure compliance of project reports with donor requirements;
- You maintain and strengthen the relationships with the institutional and/or corporate partners;
- You promote the work of Plan International among institutional and/or corporate partners.
In this role you will work closely with technical advisors at Plan Netherlands and colleagues in the Plan International Country Offices. Further, you will work together with (I)NGOs and other stakeholders that are partners in our programmes.
We look for:
The ideal candidate is an expert in writing bid-winning proposals with the aim of raising funds among institutional and/or corporate donors. You are an experienced proposal writer with a passion for and experience in development work. You are able to work well under pressure.
Furthermore you meet the following criteria:
- Relevant master’s degree in specific topics of expertise in the field of development cooperation;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Development Cooperation sector, of which at least 3 years’ experience in resource mobilization with demonstrable results;
- Commitment to and understanding of gender equality and the Child Rights Convention, and experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines;
- Demonstrated affinity with Plan International’s work fields: Child Rights and Gender Equality
- Network of relevant relations among institutional and/or corporate partners, (I)NGOs and other stakeholders including knowledge institutes and private sector;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Proficiency in Dutch, Spanish and / or French is preferred
The following competencies are required for this position: customer focus, result orientation, networking, working together, entrepreneurship, creative thinking, stress management, communicating and gender sensitivity.
Please note that we will only consider applicants who currently have a valid work permit for the Netherlands (candidates with a temporary study/work permit unfortunately not).
Plan International offers:
An inspiring job in an international organisation with an inviting atmosphere. A fulltime workweek with us is 35 hours. These hours are usually flexible and could, for example, also be spread out over 4 working days. We work from home for about 50% of the time and the other 50% we spend in our office in de Baarsjes in Amsterdam. We also offer excellent employment benefits:
- A gross monthly salary of between € 3.500,- and € 3.900,- gross per month for 35 hours per week, depending on your background and experience;
- A full reimbursement of your travel costs based on second class public transport;
- Ample opportunities for personal growth and training;
- Collective health insurance;
- 5 weeks of vacation per year;
- Good pension scheme.
Respond latest 15 June 2023 via: https://cvselectie.net/plan-international-nederland/7842/ (if the link doesn’t work, you can copy-paste it into your browser, preferably Chrome). Because we work with this application system, unfortunately we cannot accept applications via email.
Want to know more about this job? Please contact the IBP manager: Caroline van den Ende, firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)20 549 5570.
Plan International values diversity so everyone is welcome. We like to use the power of diversity (in terms of cultural background, gender, age, religion or sexual preference) to achieve the best result. That’s why we encourage everyone to apply.
Statement of Conduct
During the selection process, safety for children and young adults will be discussed. This is essential for Plan International, we do not accept any form of abuse. Submitting a recent Statement of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag) and obtaining standardised references in accordance with the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme is part of the procedure.
This is Plan International:
Plan International is a development cooperation organisation that is active in more than 75 countries and is committed to vulnerable children in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, with a special focus on girls and young women. Plan International aims to eliminate the disadvantaged position of girls and young women and give them the same opportunities and rights as boys. Plan International is working towards a better future for vulnerable children and young people in low and middle-income countries with the support of thousands of sponsors, companies and (institutional) donors. Plan International is one of the Giro555 organisations. Please check our website and social media channels for more information about our work.
Acquisition? No thanks
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated, sharing it within your own network is