Senior Humanitarian Programme Officer
We are looking for a senior Humanitarian Programme officer who is result driven, a multi-tasker, performs well under time-pressure, operates with team spirit but is also capable of making informed decisions independently. You will be part of the Disaster Risk Management (DRM) team within the International Programme Department and you will report to the Manager Humanitarian Programmes.
What will you do?
For this position we’re looking for a strong project manager with expertise in Cash and Voucher Assistance. The office is based in Amsterdam and you will go on regular field visits to Plan International’s programme countries. In this role you will support the Country Offices with the management of humanitarian programs (including writing proposals, leading calls with alliances, supporting the country offices with proposal development and preparing and coordinating bids) as well as donor reporting, capacity building and compliance.
You coordinate, manage, monitor and evaluate existing and new programs:
- You prepare and support proposal development for a variety of donors, with input from the Country Offices, and develop and manage Grant applications;
- You develop work plans, facilitate start up workshops for new programs, monitor the delivery of project results and revise plans if necessary;
- You keep track of expenditure against budget and implementation plans, manage the communication with donors and ensure donor compliance (such as the Dutch Relief Alliance and ECHO);
- You liaise with relevant internal departments and ensure shared learning and use of expertise;
- You provide technical support to the Country Offices on Cash and Voucher Assistance.
You contribute to policy development and capacity building:
- You work on capacity building of colleagues at Plan International offices on institutional donor compliance and programme management;
- You ensure that gender is mainstreamed in all our humanitarian programs;
- You build the capacity of our programme countries on Cash and Voucher Assistance;
- You support the National Office in developing, shaping and implementing our humanitarian strategy and represent Plan International Netherlands in country and abroad by attending meetings and conferences.
What do you bring?
Our ideal candidate is a multi-tasker who is result driven and capable of keeping focus under time-pressure. You operate with a team spirit and seek collaboration but are able to make informed decisions independently. You have excellent communication and coordination skills as well as an eye for detail. Above all the ideal candidate is a true problem solver.
You meet the following criteria:
- Masters degree in international development or equivalent;
- Minimum of seven years experience in humanitarian programming, with a minimum of two years field experience in implementing and managing humanitarian programmes;
- Strong program management skills and the ability to manage programs in complex humanitarian settings;
- Experience in managing ECHO and/or DRA projects is highly desirable;
- Experience with Cash and Voucher Assistance programming;
- Track record in developing and managing gender responsive programming;
- Good understanding of rights-based programming;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (proficiency in Spanish, Arabic or Dutch is desirable);
- Ability and willingness to travel to project countries often on a short notice.
The following competencies are required for this position: results orientation, networking, working together, entrepreneurship, situational awareness, communication and gender sensitivity.
Plan International offers
A role in a highly international environment. Plan International Netherlands offers employees a solid benefits package with a salary within the range of € 3.200 and € 3.800 gross per month for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience. Plan International Netherlands has a good pension scheme, 25 holidays, group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
Are you interested?
For questions about this position please contact Sam de Greve, Manager Humanitarian Programmes (firstname.lastname@example.org or +31-20-549 4968). Use the following link (open in Chrome) https://cvselectie.net/humanitarian-progamme-officer to upload your cover letter and CV. The deadline to respond is 10 September 2020. Interviews are scheduled between 14 and 24 September. The envisioned start date for this position is 1 November 2020 or earlier.
Plan International strives to be an organisation with diversity in the workforce. An employer where everyone feels welcome and appreciated can use the power of diversity to achieve the greatest results. Therefor we invite everyone who wants to use his or her talents for Plan International to apply, regardless of cultural background, gender, age, religious preference or sexual preference.
Safeguarding children and young people is essential for Plan International. Plan International Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue will be discussed in our recruitment procedures. A recent Certificate of Conduct and a standardised reference check in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme is part of the procedure.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated. Sharing this vacancy is very much appreciated!